With each passing day, fully vetted refugees are waiting to reach these shores. West Virginia Interfaith Refugee Ministry is working on making that a reality. We are trying to help welcome them and help them establish safe lives in West Virginia. If you share this dream and live in West Virginia, add your name to our petition that we are presenting to Governor Earl Ray Tomblin.
Email us at email@example.com with your name, city or county of residence in WV, and occupation/employer (optional: add faith community)
Petition To: The Honorable Governor Earl Ray Tomblin
1900 Kanawha Blvd. E.
Charleston WV 25305 November 30, 2016
Dear Governor Tomblin:
- Refugee resettlement in West Virginia
- The efforts of the West Virginia Interfaith Refugee Ministry (“WVIRM”) in asking Episcopal Migration Ministries (“EMM”) to request permission from the US State Department to allow a new EMM Refugee Resettlement Office to open in Charleston, WV, in partnership with the WV Episcopal Diocese, with volunteer assistance and advice from WVIRM, to resettle approximately 100 refugees, or approximately 30 families (a majority of the refugees are expected to be children) in West Virginia per year.
- We believe welcoming thoroughly vetted lawful refugees, and offering them a chance for a new, safe life in WV is in keeping with the core values we hold dear as Americans and West Virginians.
- We believe that welcoming new families to West Virginia will strengthen our State and our economy
- We respectfully ask you to support this effort.
City or County of Residence in WV:____________________________